Melting Range Apparatus
Labindia Analytical Instruments Pvt Ltd was started in 1981, and promoted by a group of committed and visionary technocrats, engineers and professionals. Today Labindia is one of the largest manufacturers, distributors and exporters of analytical instruments in India. Labindia exports instruments like dissolution apparatus, pH meters, conductivity meter, titration system etc. all over the world which find application in almost all the Industries like pharmaceutical, chemical, food, petrochemical, lubricant, beverage, effluent, paint etc., in both quality control and R&D departments.
Visual Melting Range Apparatus is the latest, state-of-the-art microcontroller based instrument for determining Melting Range of white as well as coloured samples in powdered form. Around 5mg of sample is uniformly spread on a glass slide and covered with a coverslip. The slide is then placed on a specially designed uniformly heated round furnace and subjected to the heating rate specified by the user.
A magnified image of the sample can be observed on a video monitor screen via a CCD camera. The effect of heat on the sample can be clearly seen. The change in physical appearance of the sample with reference to temperature is recorded and the start of melting & end of melting are determined automatically. This automatic detection of start and end of melting can be easily verified by observing the melting process on the video screen.
A representation of the entire melting process in the form of a graphics printout is available for authentication as illustrated. This instrument also has a manual operation facility to lock the start of melting and end of melting. In Heat and Cool mode the Start Temperature of Melting as well as Solidification Temperature of sample can be locked manually.
The apparatus can also be used to detect melting point by capillary method by simply attaching capillary conversion accessory (optional).
- State-of-the-art design, suitable for white as well as coloured samples in powdered form.
- Instrument can detect melting range as well as melting point of various types of samples.
- Magnified image of the sample can be viewed on a video monitor screen via CCD camera which helps observe physical changes.
- GLP compliant printout with sample name, ID No., date, time etc. for authentication.
- Calibration Mode – Built-in calibration facility for two-point auto calibration with USP standards.
- Password protection for calibration mode.
- Compliance with USP melting range procedure as per Class – I A & EP Method 2.2.60.
- Graphical report of temperature v/s. light units with indications for start of melting & end of melting.
- Can also detect the melting range as well as melting point of decomposed samples, as well as waxy and polymer samples.
- Patented design.
- Onscreen Parameter/ Result display facility (Optional).
With years of experience in providing various types of specialized and general laboratory analyzers, Fanavari Pishrafteh Jahan Company is ready to provide extensive services to researchers and manufacturers.
The range of FPJ services includes installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and periodic service of advanced instrumentation and analyzers and calibration services, validation and IQ, OQ, and PQ certification.
Experts from the technical department of FPJ, experienced in the years of repair and service of a variety of specialized analyzers, and based on the training received from specialized courses held by reputable European and Asian companies, are prepared to provide services to all new, malfunctioning and disabled systems.